Thursday, July 19, 2012

Drinks from the Weekend: July 14

This Saturday we went back to Range after quite some time. The fact that the bartenders remembered us and our drinking habits reminded me of why I love this place.

Drink Menu at Range.

Lima Llama: Encanto Pisco, blackberries, mint, egg white, lime.

My first drink of the night was the Lima Llama. This drink was slightly sweet and very tasty. The ingredients were well-balanced with none being too prominent--which was probably an effect of the egg white.

New Trick: Pueblo Viejo Tequila, grapefruit, Canton Ginger, Aperol, lime.

Next, I had the New Trick. The dominant flavors were the Aperol and grapefruit, which made the drink very bitter. I did not like this drink initially, but the flavors did eventually even out and the drink grew on me.

Dessert Menu at Range.

Root Float: Root, Averna, cream, vanilla, soda.

My last drink of the night was the Root Float off of the dessert menu. This drink was awesome; it tasted just like a root beer float and didn't have too much alcohol taste to ruin it. It wasn't as creamy as a real root beer float, but was still very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment