Monday, July 9, 2012

Drinks from the Weekend: July 6

The first drink of the night was a Hangar One Blueberry and tonic at San Pedro Square Market. Sorry, I didn't take a picture of it, but it looks like a clear drink in an old fashioned glass. I think I have decided that this is my new favorite flavored-vodka, although I'll hold-off on that decision until I try it straight. The Hangar One Blueberry and tonic has a very smooth and light blueberry flavor, with no syrup feel that is present in most flavored vodkas.

Drink Menu at Hedley Club.

Almalfi: Buffalo Trace Bourbon, lemon juice, Galliano, orgreat syrup, club soda.

My second drink was an Almalfi at Hedley Club. My first thought when sipping this drink was that it would be a great introduction to bourbon to the non-bourbon drinker. The taste was light but still allowed the complex flavors of bourbon come through in a more controlled manner. But after I was about a quarter of the way through, I realized it was getting sweeter. This probably meant that the syrup was sinking to the bottom and that this drink needed to be stirred to keep it consistent. By the end, it was very sweet and I was no longer a fan. I may need to try this again--next time with constant stirring.

Hemingway: Banks rum, lime, grapefruit juice, Luxardo marachino liqueur.

My last drink was a Hemingway. This time there was no separation and I enjoyed this one a lot more. I felt the ingredients were mixed very well in this drink. There wasn't one ingredient that stood out as too strong. The taste was light and slightly sweet. I also felt a slight bitterness from the grapefruit that was present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment