Sunday, April 22, 2012

Drinks from the Weekday: April 17

Drink Menu from Locanda.
Drinks and dinner started at Locanda this Tuesday. Since my first experience was good here, I was excited to come back.

Nonna Del Diavolo:  rye, strega, ginger, lime, selter

My first drink of the night was the Nonno Del Diavolo. This was a refreshing, light drink where the ginger and lime just barely came through.

Helen di Montenegro:  tequila, amaro, agave, grapefruit, lime


My second drink of the night was the Helen Di Montenegro. I ordered this because I don't normally have cocktails with tequila, except when it's in a margarita. The tequila and lime do make this drink reminiscent of a margarita, but I feel that this had more flavor.

Wo Hing Drink Menu.

Dry Sherry Punch: choice of gin or brandy, manzanilla sherry, orgreat, cointreau, lemon, cucumber

After Locanda, we went over to Wo Hing for one more drink. The bartender here was very detail oriented. For example, for my Dry Sherry Punch (with gin), the bartender prepared the fresh mint by first slapping a bunch on his wrist to bring out the oils. He then brushed it several times against the side of the glass before twisting it over the drink and placing it on top. I am not a fan of fresh mint, but the application of the mint in this manner didn't flavor the drink with mint, and instead only gave it a scent when talking a sip. The taste was light with gin, but might be more flavorful with the choice of brandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment